2.26.2008

Eating sa Philippines

My aunt's pomelo, freshly picked
Pomelo close up
Road stop snack en route to Manila: coffee, fried wild boar jerky, and garlic rice
A glass of rose--feels good in that Manila heat and humidity
My nephew made me this for breakfast: hard boiled eggs with tomato, rice, corned beef sauteed with onions and potato, bolognese ala Pinoy (sweeter, not much herbs)
Roasted eggplant and fresh water buffalo cheese, wrapped in bacon w/ salad

Lunch stop en route to So. Luzon: beautiful nilagang baboy (that's the soup)--with an amazing clarity, rice, and bitter melon with scrambled egg and minced pork
My cousins kitchen utensils
Rice cake with salted egg and freshly grated coconut--one of the snacks I ate while riding the bust to my hometown
And finally, the super yummy JAL foods: unlimited green tea and free red wine



No comments: